What is Coronavirus?
It is a virus that can cause illness from common cold to severe respiratory syndrome. It is zoonotic disease meaning, it can be transmitted between animals and humans.
Common symptoms of infection may include respiratory problems like cough, difficulty in breathing and fever. In severe cases, the infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and even death.
It is, therefore, crucial to take care of yourself and ensure your family, friends, and pets are also protected to prevent the spread of Coronavirus.
As one can clearly see from the graph above, without taking precautionary measures, there is a huge possibility of you or your family getting infected by the Coronavirus. It spreads very easily so please take care of your health and protect others around you by following simple steps mentioned below.
Essential Preventive Measures:
- Wash your hands regularly and properly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Also, use alcohol-based sanitizer to kill viruses on your hands.
- Cover your mouth and snooze with a bent elbow when coughing and sneezing or use a tissue and then dispose of it immediately. To protect people around you from the virus.
- Avoid unhygienic and raw food. Use different chopping boards and knives for raw meat and cooked foods. properly cook meat and eggs.
- Avoid close contact with people especially those showing symptoms. Avoid big gatherings and shaking hands with people.
- If you are feeling unwell stay at home until you recover. If the fever or cough develops seek medical advice.
Can pets or animals infect you with coronavirus?
Human Society: “Infectious disease experts as well as CDC, OIE, and WHO indicate there us no evidence to suggest that pet dogs or cats can be a source of infection, including spreading COVID-19.”
References: WHO, AVMA, Human Society, OurWorldData.org.